I've been back in the mood to scrap again. I'm hoping that by following awesome sketches that I can get caught back up in no time!! This first one is from a SOUS challenge from January 29. I just had to scrap the Colts going to Super Bowl. It was such an exciting game and an awesome outcome! I used my Cricut for this LO. I used Sports Mania for the giant football and Old West for the title including the little horseshoes for the U's. I welded my title together on my Gypsy and cut it. I also used this amazing color accent print studio called Magic Splash. It's the best color accenting software that I've used. You can either have your pic in black and white and color in what you want or start in color and color in in black and white. I wanted to make my pics really pop on this LO so I chose to color accent certain things. On the first pic, I accented the Colts players and the endzone, second pic...the stadium lights with the final score, and third pic...the football with the Colts vs. the Saints on it. These pictures were all taken of our TV screen while the game was on.
For this LO, I followed the sketch from January 22 from SOUS. I used Tags, Bags, Boxes, and More for the background shapes, Doodlecharms for the dog face, A Child's Year for the dog bones, George for the circle, and Paper Pups for the title. Max had the stomach flu last weekend and he was trying to stay awake to watch the AFC Championship game between the Colts and the Jets but he kept falling asleep. His dog, Rootbeer, was dressed in his Colts gear too. Printed papers are from the DCWV Pet Stack.
Wednesday, January 27, 2010
I just want to say how incredibly honored I am to receive a blog award!! This one came from the fabulously creative, Leah. She has an awesome blog and is always posting some of the most gorgeous stuff. She's also a design team member over at SOUS. They've got some amazing sketches so hop on over and check them out!! Thanks again, Leah...you rock!!
So, as part of this blog award, I'm supposed to list 10 things that "knock your socks off".
1. My Husband-who provides all the funding for my scrapping addiction and who never questions me.
2. My boys...Max and Evan-who provide all the super cute inspiration and smiles so I can "scrap it all"
3. My parents-for always being there.
4. Friends-Scrappin' friends are the best and MB buddies ROCK!
5. Cricut MB-I've met some of the best people over on the Cricut MB...and lifelong friends.
6. Cub Scouts-I learn something new every day from them.
7. Books-If it weren't for Twilight...I'd never have known that I was in love with a vampire ;)
8. Acapulco's-the best Mexican food around.
9. SWARMS-because they are just too much fun!!
10. Snow in the forecast-still makes me feel like a kid to see it and anticipate its arrival!!
I'd like to pass this award on to...
1. Candice-whom is the person that I've been friends with longest on the MB. And she opens up her own "bed and breakfast" when I come up for SWARMS!!!! She also got me started on this whole blogging thing and also she needs to update her own blog. ;)
2. Karen-whom I first met at a SWARM and became instant friends with.
3. Andrea-whom is new to the Cricut world but it totally rockin' with that bug!!
It feels like way too long since I scrapped a page. I finished my parent's Disney album and I was burnt out on scrapping after that marathon. They did love their album for Christmas though. Here is a LO that I just finished today. Max and I have been down with the stomach flu and it felt good to get back up to my scraproom and get a page done. This is my DS, Evan. Since he's a kindergartner, he gets to participate in his school's Birthday Book Club for the first time. We pay $15 and he gets to pick what type of book he would like and the PTO purchases it in his name and it goes in the library. It's a good way for the school to get new books and it's great because the kids have a lasting memory of the books that they helped buy for the school. Evan's book this year was Jack and the Beanstalk. It's a newer version and very fun to read. There is an ogre in it instead of the giant. I used this awesome sketch over on Stuck on U Sketches (SOUS). My friend, Leah, has been wanting me to try some of the stuff over there...thanks, Leah for pushing me! ;) I used my Cricut for this LO. I used My Community for Jack, the beanstalk, the giant, and the hen. I never thought I'd get to use these great cuts on this cartridge. I used George for the circle, Tags, Bags, Boxes, and More for the funky background shapes, From My Kitchen for the golden eggs, and Storybook for the title. I did lots of inking on everything to make it all pop. I heat embossed the eggs for that perfect "golden egg" look. Papers are all by My Mind's Eye...Tres Jolie collection.