Sunday, July 26, 2009

Birthday Book Club

Here is my DS, Max with his Birthday Book Club book. They have this neat program at his school that if you donate money to the library, you get to pick a book that you want donated. Your name gets put on a sticker in the front of the book and you get a certificate saying that you donated a book. And when the book comes in, you get to be the first to check it out and they tie ribbons to it and they sing to you during library. Max enjoyed doing it last year in kindergarten so we did it again in 1st grade and then I'm sure we'll do it for Evan starting this year! It's a neat way for the school to get new books and it makes it memorable for the kids. OK, back to the LO...I used Paper Doll Dress Up for the Dinosaurs, Doodlecharms for the Cupcake, and Celebrations for the Streamers, Party Hat, and Balloons. I tied real string to the balloons and tied them to the dinosaurs tail. I chalked everything and edged everything with a fine black marker just to add a little "pop". TFL

4 comments:

Kaye's Crafty Place said...

I really like this, the colours are fantastic and I love the dinosaur.

hugs
Kaye x

Anonymous said...

hahahaha this is beecherrylady..you got to go to my blog now..lol..we have the same banner! now I know we're meant to be! lol!
I will have to come back and take a better look at your posts!
hugz! Leah

Jennifer said...

Thanks, Leah!! That is funny that we have the same background. Great minds think alike!! LOL

A Rup Life said...

I really love all your layouts! I am book marking your site and hope to see some updates!! LOL!