Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Sweet as Pie

Holy guacamole!!! I scrapped a LO two days in a row. I can't even remember the last time that that happened. LOL My boys' school raised money for Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation (JDRF) this spring. They sold paper tennis shoes in their classes and also took in donations. Evan ended up with the most donations out of the kindergarten class. They were going to take only the top student and let them throw a pie in the face of that teacher from that grade level but since the whole student body did very well (raising over $14,000) one teacher from each grade level took a pie in the face. Evan was the winner for kindergarten. This program was in the afternoon and Evan was a morning kindergartner so another teacher called to let me know like 20 minutes before the program and asked if I'd bring him back to the school. Evan got to throw a pie in the kindergarten teacher's aide's face. He had a blast and she said that she wouldn't have wanted anyone else to do it besides Evan. Her and Evan are best buddies!! Anywho, so that's the story behind the pics.

I used From My Kitchen for the refrigerator, stove, pot, canisters, pie, pot holders, and pie phrase. I used Create a Critter for the word SWEET, George for the cabinet doors, and Jasmine for AS. I cut the tile floor by hand. I used my art skills to draw it out, cut it out, and piece each individual tile together. I even hung the pot holders on little brads for the cabinet knobs. I also printed out some mini pics from the event and put them on the fridge like magnets. TFL

5 comments:

Roberta Guditis said...

Love the LO. Glad to have you back!!!

Anonymous said...

Honestly, you are one of my very very favorite scrappers! I LOVE everything you do and think your ideas are pure brillance! I can't say enough about this...front the cabinet hardware, magnets and floor tile...come on! you kick butt!!!!!

TraciVee said...

Wow...this layout is awesome! It really caught my eye! Very unique idea...I hope I can possibly try this out one day!

Barb Craft said...

Wow...when you come back, your really back!! 2 in a row...way to go!!! I love the colors you used for the kitchen and the fun "scene"!! and your son looked like he had a blast!!!
barb :)

Xxxxxxxxxxxx said...

This LO is amazing!! I love it!!