Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Lincoln Logs

Max and Evan LOVE Lincoln Logs. They got these awesome sets from Pa and G-ma for Christmas. It's a Yukon Express set that builds 5 little cabins, a train track, and even has a train with figures. They each got a set so we've been having nothing but fun with them. I was going through my paper stash yesterday when I sat down to scrap these and was shocked when I had only bought 1 sheet of each of the patterned paper that I used. I ALWAYS buy 4 sheets of any paper that I buy. I don't know what could have come over me that would possess me to only buy 1 sheet!!! So, I had to use different papers on each boys' LOs...I don't like to do this but I had no other choice because the one set of paper I bought at an Archivers and the closest A's is almost 2 hours away. Oh well...I finally found 2 sets of patterned papers that worked for both and I'm very happy with both.

I used my Cricut for these pages. I used My World for the Cabin and Trees and Old West for the title. I'm totally loving the fonts on Old West!! Since the cabin didn't come in layers, I cut apart the logs and inked them individually and then re-assembled it. I did lots of inking on everything to bring out the rustic look of the papers. I used a new February sketch from Pagemaps.com.

Here's Max's LO. The papers are all by Cloud 9 Design...Great Outdoors collection. And yes, he was upside down in the bottom photo...he was acting silly.


And here's Evan's LO. The papers are all by Cosmo Cricket...Mr. Campy Happy Trails collection. And yes, Evan is rolling a boulder of snow down the railroad track to smash the oncoming train.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the house! Great page! /Pia

Anonymous said...

Hey there, I have a second before we start bedtime so I thought I would pop by some blogs real quick. I haven't gotten to the mb so this is my first time seeing this and I just love it! The papers are great and I love how realistic the house is! And that upside down photo..hehe so silly!

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

So adorable!! I love all the colors and DP you used. Thanks so much for playing at Practical Scrappers :)

Deanne

Christine Meyer said...

Adorable! I love little boy layouts and love how this one is unique to your little boys! Thanks for sharing it with us at Practical Scrappers!

Fern said...

What cute and fun layouts!! I think you did a wonderful job matching the pp and the die cuts are fabulous!!!! Thanks for playing along with us over at Practical Scrappers!!! XXX

Sandy said...

Yes, I love them too and I think I may have the same set...I say I because my boyssss are 20, 18, 16 and 14 and have sadly outgrown these fun things...tho my youngest will play with his cousin sometimes...this layout is fab...love the colors and the patters.....wonderful work as always!

Nadya 's World!!! said...

Oooooo.... I think I like that cart now... :) Awesome layouts!!! Love the colors you used and I just love the that font and the cut... :) cute, cute, cute!!! Thanks for playing at PS this week! :)
Nadya

AuBien said...

Love the log cabin!! And you did a great job coordinating their page papers! We love the Lincoln Logs too...but that set ... WOW!!!

Melissa said...

Great LO! My boys love them too and they love going to Whispering Canyon at the Wilderness Lodge so they can build with them while we are waiting for our table!