Thursday, March 4, 2010

So Happy 2gether-SOUS challenge


Happy Thursday and Happy March! The sun is finally shining here today and our temp is in the mid 40s!!!!! Another busy week here and another late posting. Maybe I'll just plan on posting my challenge LOs on Thursdays and if I get them done sooner, then YAY!! I based this LO off of the SOUS challenge from Feb. 26. This LO is of my DS, Evan, and his turtles. He has this fascination with these large eyed turtles. They look so sad to me but he loves them. I got him the green one with the Santa hat at Holiday World this summer and he got the yellow and brown one for his birthday. He loves sleeping with them as you can see. We were tucking him in one night and he had both of them in his arms so I ran and got my camera and started snapping pics while he slept. Then as were getting ready to leave his room, he rolled over and you could see the face of the yellow and brown one peeking over his shoulder and the look on the turtles face is just priceless...it's like he's smiling because he has someone that loves him!!

I used my Cricut for this LO. I used Walk in My Garden for the turtle and I redid the eye on it to match his actual stuffed turtle. I used George for the hearts and Don Juan for the title. Everything was designed on my Gypsy. I used a Scalloped Circle Nestie for the circle pic. All paper is Basic Gray. TFL

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh...this is wonderful!
Scotti slept with about half a dozen 'babies' as he called them and its been about a week that he's had them in their own bed (the top bunk! lol!)
love the papers and I love that turtle (used him a lot!) I also think the hearts floating up is a sweet addition!

Sandi Clarkson said...

Aw, Jennier, that's adorable! Love your take on the sketch! Looks like he's having some sweet dreams!

AuBien said...

TURTLEY AWESOME!

Cindy said...

I love your take on this sketch. Your son reminds me of mine. He has a bear he still has in his bed and he's 12. Your title is adorable too. Wonderful job.

Nanne said...

Wow... that turtle is adorable with is new eye..LOL :)
such a fab take on this weeks sketch as well, adore the papers and colors..
hugs
Nanné